I want to preface this by saying that it is not a covert way of telling M what I expect to receive as a Valentine's Day gift...! I've already received a few gifts lately, sweet and awesome things, for not only carrying this baby for the last 9 months but also an advance push present. So I actually prefer that I *don't* receive anything on actual Valentine's Day, because I would feel overly spoiled and materialistic if I got anything more than a kiss and a card. (Take note, honey!)
BUT since I love looking at gift guides and I LOVE 'window shopping' online even more - a terrible habit! - here are a few things that I've been eyeing lately, many of which would be fab gift ideas for any woman and any special occasion!
- Madewell Tassel Giza Necklace. ($35) If you've noticed from several of my 'creative closet' posts, I adore statement necklaces. They add so much to a simple outfit with just one easy piece. This one is in gold and black and so versatile - you could pair this with a black minidress and heels, or just as easily, skinny black jeans and a snug tee.
- C.O.Bigelow's Orange & Coriander body scrub ($15) Having lived around the corner from their NYC location, I fell in love with 'the oldest apothecary in America' and their amazing line of skin care products. Body scrubs are some of my favorites - my skin always feels ridiculously smooth and soft after using them. I also love a tingly, luxurious foot cream - and they have one in their Mentha line ($14)! Yum...
- This adorable ruffled retro apron by CreativeChics ($45) Aprons are totally retro and totally awesome. Looking cute while making dinner or baking is just a bonus - they also rescue your clothing from spills (which I am verrrrry prone to, just ask my parents). I love the teal & red owl print of this beauty!
- Inspirational wall art by The Motivated Type ($12.50) Another great Etsy win! I'm keen to finish up my 'office nook' and a great print for the wall behind the desk is on my list.
- A wrap dress ($28) Wrap dresses were a former staple of my work wardrobe - flattering, fitted in all the right spots, and great on its own or dressed up with a blazer or cardigan. Bonus - breastfeeding friendly! Plus I figure a few new pieces of clothing are due after wearing the same maternity clothes for months and months.
- Lily Jade Caroline bag in red. ($$$$) Can you believe this is a diaper bag?? These LJ bags are gorgeously made, and because they don't *look* like a diaper bag, you can use them for years after your tots are out of diapers (which you'll have to, considering the price tag....eek. Even on sale it's a bit of a splurge. But so pretty....) ;)
What's on your wishlist for V Day? Do you usually exchange gifts with your significant other?
Linking up with Love the Here and Now's Anne for Wednesday Wishes