On a day where I desperately needed a distraction from packing, moving, boxes, and saying emotional farewells to good friends, along came Sarah at 12TwentySeven!! Sarah nominated me for the 'Liebster Award' which is a lovely shoutout between bloggers to learn a bit more about each other, and to discover new blogs. :)
The Liebster rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you (above!).
2. Write 11 facts about yourself so people can learn more about you.
3. Answer 11 questions from the nominator.
4. After completing, nominate 11 other bloggers (*not* your nominator)!
5. Let your nominees know they've been tagged.
OK, here we go....!
11 Facts About Moi
1. I am moving from London back to upstate NY (where I grew up) in THREE SHORT DAYS.
2. One of my big regrets is not going to medical school when I was about to change careers.
3. I *always* read the directions before starting anything new.
4. I went to my senior prom with my arm in a cast, the day after surgery on my thumb. Unsurprisingly, I had to go home pretty soon after I got there. :(
5. I used to co-captain my varsity swim team - some of the best days of high school.
6. When I was 11 I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis - I regularly had giant swollen painful knees throughout school. (Which is actually why I started swimming!)
7. My fake name for nights out with my girls was always Zoë.
8. I absolutely love to have my hair cut! The shampooing massage, the smells at a salon, and having someone give me a completely new look - I would do it every week if I could.
9. I have an extra bone in my thumb - the only surgeries I've ever had have been on that thumb.
10. I spent weeks at the end of my last pregnancy bouncing on an exercise ball (see photo). It was the only way that sitting felt comfortable. And in her first 3-4 months when Bug refused to sleep and would scream all through the wee hours, bouncing on that ball with her in my arms was one of the only ways to calm her down...
11. I am SO excited to be back in the Northeast for the arrival of autumn!! Apple cider, cider doughnuts, pumpkin spiced lattes, oh mylanta - it's been 6 years since I've enjoyed all that awesomeness!!
What is your favorite scent?
Perfume? Stella - it's perfect for date night. In general? The ocean!
If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Pay off my student loans, M's mortgage, and my parents' mortgage. Then take a week off away somewhere totally remote and romantic and just shut everything off and spend quiet time together.
Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
I've never really spent time in the mountains so initially I'd say beach...but I'm itching to go to the Alps at some point! I feel like the world must be so beautiful from up that high.
What is you favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate peanut butter. LuGia's back home handmakes it and I've never found it anywhere else. It's pure cocoa flavored ice cream with swirls of smooth peanut butter. YUM.
What is your favorite form of travel?
Hm. It depends entirely on the length of the trip! Planes are best for long distances of course, or getting somewhere fast. I also love boats for short and quick trips, and the train is great when you have company and time to sit back and relax and watch the beautiful countryside go by.
Coffee with or without creamer?
No creamer - but yes to whole milk.
What is your middle name?
Where is your favorite place to shop?
Online. It's sad that it's replacing the small shops on the high street but you cannot beat the prices and the ease of delivery / returns. Plus no risk of a tantrum in the middle of the aisle!
Would you rather be too cold or too hot?
I am *always* one or the other! I'd say too cold because you can always get under the covers or throw on more layers. If you're too hot eventually there's nothing else to take off..
What is you favorite month out of the year?
December - I love the holidays!
What is your favorite TV couple?
I think Sheldon and Amy from The Big Bang Theory are the most hilarious and awkward couple ever.
Catherine || A Short Blonde
Amy || Set Free
Bonnie || Strong + Sweet
Caitlin || Belong with Wildflowers
Jenna || A Savory Feast
Caroline || Fit Pink Mom
Sara || Living Her Dream
Patricia || Gentile Next Door
Kristin || One Inspired Life
Sarah || Joyfully Organized
Jamie || The Celebrating Momma
My Questions for the Nominees
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. Have you ever had a bad date? (Share!)
3. What is your favorite way to unwind after a long, hard day?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve / pet hate?
5. When do you typically feel the most inspired to write?
6. What music stirs up emotion for you?
7. Which class (if any) did you hate in college or high school, and why?
8. What is your favorite memory of you and your best friend?
9. What types of books do you enjoy reading?
10. What is the hardest thing you've learned in the last five years?
11. Tell us at least one guilty pleasure! :)
Just like Sarah, I am relatively new at this, and so I love these opportunities to connect with people and get to know more about them! Thanks for the nomination Sarah :)
Today my Wednesday Wishes are that you all enjoy getting to know the lovely ladies above! (Also, that I can finish packing by tonight....eek!)