The wonderful Anne from Love the Here and Now tagged me last week for a post of random facts about myself. I thought I might struggle to come up with interesting ones...there's not a whole lot about me that is a total unknown. I'm pretty much an open book to anyone who knows me because I've never been someone who could hide what I was thinking or feeling; I am very much a 'heart-on-sleeve' kind of person. That being said, there are probably a few little tidbits that not too many people would know - either because of embarrassment at the story, it occurred a long time ago, or I genuinely forget about it until someone reminds me.
I am not going to share all of these examples with you (let's save a little mystery for this relationship!) but here are a few things that came to mind:
- When I was in high school I begged my parents for a couple years in a row to send me to Catholic school. No, we're not Catholic. And no, they didn't send me. I wanted to go because their general course selection was better than my school's, they offered Latin, and I wanted to go to an all girls' school. I wholeheartedly support wearing uniforms to school. (As I was saying...total nerd.)
- I dream - vividly - almost every night, and I always remember them. I can still recall dreams I had years ago, especially if they were more unusual than most. The earliest odd dream I can remember was when I was 11 and it was about a giant Lego house and a boy I had a crush on in my 5th grade class was tiny-sized and lived in the house.
- My first BFF 'broke up' with me in 6th grade, at a cafeteria lunch table during a crowded lunch period. She said she didn't want to be best friends anymore and was going to be best friends with Twila instead, the new girl at school. When I began to cry she scrunched up her face at me and said in a snotty voice, 'See? That's why. You're still just a baby." (OUCH. Blaire Waldorf had nothing on her!)
- Since I was in my teens, I have wanted to shave my head just once, a la G.I.Jane. Not sure I could pull it off like Demi though...
- I love getting ready to go out with my girlfriends (you know - music blaring, dancing around, putting on makeup and jewelry together with cocktails in hand) way more than I love actually *being* out. Dancing with the girls is always loads of fun but standing around in a bar with no cabaret license is so boring. Give me a lounge with a bit of a dance floor any day!
- I was convinced at the ripe old age of 10 that I would be 'the next Mariah Carey' ;)
- I seem to have a fascination with aggressive and fast-paced sports. If you recall my love for the X-Games, well I also have to admit that Boxing, Hockey, and Rugby are top of my list too!
- The only time I ever didn't earn an A or B growing up was in my 3rd grade class, in Handwriting - apparently my cursive wasn't up to par and for one semester I had a C+ in my report card. I was in shock!
- I got my first tattoo in Atlantic City from a chick named Buffy, on a bachelorette weekend that I planned, after driving a soccer mom van packed full of girls drinking and screaming with laughter down from NYC. It was an awesome weekend!!
Also, today is Day 2 of Blogtober14, but the topic is one that I've written about recently, so to find out more about what I wanted to be when I grew up and what I want to be now, check this one out. Happy Almost-Friday Day, people!!